WRITE IT OUT!
Creative Writing Workshops
Have you got a story to tell from your own life or your wild imagination?
Do you want to find out more about writing, or take your writing in new directions?
Helen Sandler is leading a series of creative writing workshops (in English) for LGBTQI+ adults, in Aberystwyth.
- Starts Tues 20 March 6.30-8.30pm
- Six workshops (20/3, 27/3, 10/4, 17/4, 24/4, and 1/5 or 8/5 to be confirmed)
- For lesbian, gay, bi, queer, trans, non-binary, genderqueer and intersex people
- Enjoyable and supportive atmosphere
- A chance to write both poetry and short stories
- Showcase reading on 17 May for IDAHOBIT Day
- Suitable for beginners and more experienced writers
- Age 18+
- Only £15 for the whole course (or let us know if you can’t afford this).
Aberystwyth University have kindly offered a room on campus for the sessions. The course is run with funding from Literature Wales.
Email Helen to sign up: email@example.com
Helen Sandler is a writer and editor based near Machynlleth. She has published two novels and various edited anthologies. Helen is the host and co-programmer of Aberration, the LGBT+ arts night in Aberystwyth. She has run writing courses in Liverpool and London and looks forward to sharing her enthusiasm with a new group closer to home.
Comments from participants in Helen’s last project:
‘The whole course was transfantastic!’
‘I’m pleased about feeling accepted and making friends’
‘I found the feedback useful and inspiring’
‘It was an amazing course which has really helped my writing skills, improving my confidence’
‘I am pleased that with the group’s support, I will be able to read to an audience.’
Note: For those further south, a similar course is available in Carmarthen with another tutor, Karen Brewer. We hope to publish a joint pamphlet from the two projects and bring the two groups together at the showcase reading.